Saturday, October 6, 2012

Classroom Reveal...a month late :)

Well it has been a long time coming, but here are just a FEW pictures of my classroom. I will let them speak for themselves, but honestly the classroom already looks different. There is artwork up, my behaviour clip chart and the desks are in rows (my kiddos are learning how to listen!). It is a work in progress, but I have to say that my long days are made bearable by my colourful, polka dot room!!

Here is what I walked into at the beginning of the summer...an empty room!!







I got this desk FREE off of Craigslist! It was a 1960's teacher desk. Sam sanded it down and we stained it with a much darker stain, I just LOVE it!! 


My door out to the courtyard...it was in desperate need of painting! 




I painted out all the green and maroon black. Lots of people had doubts, but I had a vision in mind and I was determined to see it through!


My empty wall, ready for all my Morning Meeting stuff...

 


I still need to add my number line at the bottom and my Canadian Coin posters. This is my Morning Meeting/Math Focus wall.


This corner already looks a little different, but you get the idea. The bins hold my toys, and the yellow bench was made by Sam. My kiddos wait with anticipation every morning to see who Mrs. Bell chooses out of the bin to sit on the bench for the day.


Our rules, which are the Whole Brain Teaching rules, are posted on the wall and we recite them, with actions every day!


My word wall...which will soon be filled with sight and spelling words.


 Library and Supplies corner



Each month we will focus on a different characteristic of God...this month, to match with our Apple theme, we look at God as Creator. I need to frame this out still, but it works for now.


The cloakroom, it looks so much better in black. Next year I will tackle the inside and benches.




My clip chart hangs under the tissue paper flowers right now. I will post later about my clip chart and the WONDERS it works in my classroom! Do you see all the curriculum books...too many lol :)


Hand-in buckets, centers, games and puzzles.


My desk...it is much cleaner, organized and cuter now!





Well, there it is! I will try to share more photos of the updates, but my life as a new Grade 1/2 teacher is as busy as ever :)


Love,


1 comment: